Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Florida



    I took this picture one morning last summer in Florida before the beach was crowded. I love looking at this picture, it make me happy. When I look at this picture I think about all my trips to Florida. My grandparents live there when it is winter time here. They hate the cold and I do not blame them. They have a house in a town called Sebring. We have been going to Florida every year since I was six months old. I actually took my first steps in Florida. I like to tell people that. We used to go every year for a week in February until I started school and ever since then we have been going on my spring breaks. It takes sixteen hours by car to get there and about two by plane. We usually fly about every other year. I like flying because it does not take near as long to get there but then I like to drive because you get to see a lot more things this way and if you see something you like you can stop and see it. Every year we try to do something different than the year before. We have been to Disney World, Universal Studios, The Ocean, The Gulf, Anna Marie Island, and several other places. I loved Disney we went when I was in the sixth grade and I would love to go back sometime soon. I can remember getting ready to ride Space Mountain with my mom and I was so scared. Space Mountain is a roller coaster completely in the dark. I was young and it completely freaked me out. I was literally crying in line but finally I got the nerves up and rode it. When I got off I wanted to ride it again, I really enjoyed it. But I would have to say Anna Marie Island had been my favorite so far. Anna Marie Island is a small island on the gulf. We got a hotel on water and spent two days there. While there we swam in the gulf, we ate at amazing restaurant on the water and shopped. It was fun just to enjoy time with the family all being together. This past year we went to this winery called Hins Scratch, they have a winery, an ice cream shop and a little shop with homemade items. I am completely terrified of chickens and the name says it all. We pulled in and there were chickens everywhere.  I was not about to get out of truck. My papaw had to force me out of the vehicle and made him walk right beside me just in case one came after me. I have made so many memories over the years in Florida, both big and small. I hope that we continue going over the years and that someday my children will get to experience these kinds of memories like I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment