Thursday, January 12, 2012

Education/Writing.

Education has always been a passion of mine. I was the kid who actually enjoyed going to school and did not mind getting homework. I loved learning and still do. I like the challenge of tough homework assignments. I also love the challenge of working with others in group activities even though sometimes in groups I would feel like I was the only one who cared and tired for the good grades. I have never been good with tests, those are my weak points but I always try to study my hardest. One of my favorite things about school has always been writing.

I personally love writing. I have a journal I write in whenever I feel the need to. It is not usually an everyday thing but sometimes it is nice to express myself without actually talking to someone. I know that whatever I say to my journal no one will know and it is a way for me to distress myself, which I have found very useful in college.

 I enjoy writing all different kinds of papers. But I would have to say my favorite type of paper to write is a personal essay. I enjoy putting my thoughts and feelings into words to share a story. It is a way for me to express myself. Over the years I have saw great progression in my writings from the first paper I ever wrote to now. It is amazing to see the change and how I have become a better writer. Even though I have progressed majorly there are still those mistakes I make in my writings.
            It never fails I always make simple errors in my writings. When it comes to writing I have my struggles. Punctuation and grammar are my biggest struggles. Since the third grade we have been given worksheets to help us on punctuation and grammar but for me it just has never clicked. Just once I would love to turn in a paper that is completely punctuation and grammar free, but for now I will keep wishing.

               After spending weeks on a paper revising it and adding important details I am always ready to turn it in. It gives me a sense of accomplishment when I finish a paper and turn it in knowing I did my best on it.

                My education has taught me to become a better writer. Not just in English class but also in my other classes, no matter what class teachers always expected different things with our writing. With different teachers expecting different things they have all taught me new and better ways to write. I would always take their criticisms and ideas into mind. I always want to improve my writings and learn new and better ways to write.


No comments:

Post a Comment