Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"A Roomful of Details"

Mamaw's Kitchen...
laughter
love
memories
yummy smells
homecooked meals
hours
kitchen
stove
dishes
messes
enjoyment
young
growth
excitment

Everytime I smell something delicious it automaticially makes me think of my Mamaw. It makes me think of all those times when I was younger and we would make all kinds of yummy treats. All the messes we would make but she nevered cared because she loved those moments just as much as I did. Once we were finally done the smell of whatever we had made would fill the house up. It would always smell wonderuful. I always felt a great satisfaction for what I had accomplished. I will always remember this memory of her and I. I was at the age where I wanted to help with everything.  She was in the kitchen making dinner and of course I wanted to help, she got my little stool out so I could reach the counter tops. No matter how busy she was she always could find a little something for me to do. After helping make dinner I would play waitress with my Papaw I would go up to him in the living room and ask him for his order and he would always play along.

No comments:

Post a Comment